ECRMC Foundation Healthcare Field Scholarships
Date of 2013 Application Process to be announced in March of 2013
The El Centro Regional Medical Center Foundation Healthcare Field Scholarship program was founded in 2010 by the ECRMC Foundation Board of Directors who felt that there was a need for financial support for deserving students. The scholarship program was formed in order to offer ECRMC and City of El Centro Employees and their children the opportunity to start or continue education in the healthcare field. Funds for the program are donated by the community, corporations, ECRMC and City of El Centro Employees, ECRMC Board of Trustees and the ECRMC Foundation Board of Directors.
The scholarships are for education in any type of healthcare field, such as nursing, pharmaceutical, health administration, radiology, emergency medicine, dentistry, etc. Scholarships must be used for the payment of tuition, and/or academic fees and/or purchase of required educational materials, books or equipment.
Scholarships of $500 minimum will be awarded.
- ECRMC and City of El Centro full time employees and their children that primarily reside with the employee may apply. Children attending an out of area institution who still live with a parent when not in school may apply (the parent is primary source of income).
- Students who are enrolled or about to enter any educational institution/class to pursue a course of study leading to a degree or certification in a healthcare field.
- Students must have proven scholastic ability (minimum GPA of 3.0).
- Recipients will be expected to attend the Scholarship Check Presentation in June 2013 – Location TBA.
- Only one scholarship per recipient will be issued. ECRMC Foundation Scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
- All the required information must be in writing since students will not have a personal interview.
- Complete the application form and print legibly or type.
- Attach a narrative of no more than 500 words that answers the following questions.
- What are your educational plans for the future? Be specific.
- How will this scholarship assist you in achieving your career goals?
- How have you demonstrated academic success? Include your GPA.
- What have you done that demonstrates enthusiasm for work in the healthcare field?
- What community service/volunteer activities have you been involved in that you feel have made you a more rounded person?
- Are there life experiences that you believe have had a positive influence on you and others? In what way?
- Provide a recommendation from one unrelated person who can attest to your enthusiasm to pursue or continue your healthcare career. (IE: Teacher, boss, advisor, adult friend, etc.)
- Attach your high school transcripts or most current transcripts for continuing education.
- Provide verification of admittance and enrollment from the institution you will be attending or are attending, with the healthcare related classes listed.
- Submit the completed application form, narrative, recommendation, transcripts, and verification of admittance to:
Attention: Cynthia Felix, Scholarship Committee Chair
PO Box 4245
El Centro, CA 92244
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application and attachments must be received by TBA in 2013
Email email@example.com for application in Word format.